The CCD will be represented by a team of 6 people at the BD2K All Hands Meeting on November 29-30, 2016 in Bethesda, MD.
The 2016 BD2K All Hands Meeting will bring together researchers, educators, developers, and trainees funded by the BD2K Initiative. The goals of the All Hands Meeting are to showcase the work being done by BD2K-sponsored programs and to build a cohesive BD2K consortium that maximizes synergies between participants.
The Center submitted 7 abstracts, and all were accepted:
- Fast, Accurate Causal Search Algorithms from the Center for Causal Discovery (CCD) – Presenter: Greg Cooper (oral presentation)
- A Bayesian Causal Inference Method for Identifying Cancer Drivers of Individual Tumors – Presenter: Chunhui Cai (poster)
- Cloud-based Integration of Causal Modeling and Discovery Tools with a Unified Patient Research Data – Presenter: Jeremy Espino & Paul Avillach (demonstration + poster)
- Understanding lung tissue heterogeneity in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) – Presenter: Takis Benos (poster)
- A Software Suite for Causal Modeling and Discovery – Presenter: Jeremy Espino (poster)
- Training Component Activities at the Center for Causal Discovery – Presenter: Takis Benos / or a member of CCD representatives (poster)
- Towards a Causome of the Brain – Presenter: Clark Glymour (oral presentation)